Jan 27, 2008

Cartoonist/Illustration blogs

I guess I thought I'd make my first post if that's cool with everybody. I thought I'd share some blogs. These are all blogs for professional cartoonists, animators, or sequential artists. It's interesting to see their stuff, especially the rough cuts and concepts. It's an interesting side to the art world in my opinion. Also, if anyone wants to check out my comic blog, here it is

Checkmark Art

It won't make sense because it's in the middle of an issue, but I thought I'd put it up here anyway. Thanks a lot.

Grant Gould

Ovi Nedelcu

Chris Battle

Brianne Drouhard

Ben Balistreri

Vera Brosgol

Sean "Cheeks" Galloway

5 comments:

Miles said...

I really liked Vera Brosgol's work best. Call me old fashioned, but I enjoy the aesthetic look of the hand inked drawings and the happy accidents that come with such a touch. A connection to materials is important. She also has developed a consistent style which is important in developing her work, I believe. Thanks for sharing.

Checkmark said...

Sure thing Miles. Yeah, I enjoy her work as well, the old fashioned ink quality definitely has some appeal.

Miles said...

By the way, thanks for sharing your personal comic blog with us. I only read the comics posted on page one, but it was very sophisticated stuff. Let us know when there is more to see.

Carol-lynn said...

Andy, I really enjoyed reading and looking at your comics!

Checkmark said...

hey, thanks a lot Carol-Lynn and Miles! That really means a whole ton to me, I've been working on that comic for like, three years.