Nov 2, 2008

Artist Comissions

Hey every peoples, I just wanted to make a post about some art commissions I had done of my characters recently. I commissioned both of these artists to do drawings of my characters, Phibi and Suni.

The first is by Stephen "Teben" Hetirc and the second is by Afu, who only did Phibi. They're both very different takes on my characters, as well as styles. I think it was a great way to get out into the art ommunity and talk to some artists! They were both really nice guys, and very cooperative as well. As for cost, both of them combined only cost me 25$, which is pretty darn cheap, and I think they both did an awesome job! Hope you think so too. Thanks!


4 comments:

Miles said...

What a great idea.

Fun to see how other artists saw your work!

Miles said...

Hi Andy...it would be fun for us to see your version next to theirs.

Miles said...

Also reminds me of the mythological figure Daphne, who shot with a lead arrow by Eros to fall out of love, and Apollo shot with a Golden Arrow to fall into love, pursued Daphne, who pleading with her father to save her, turned her into a tree to escape. http://www.artchive.com/artchive/b/bernini/bernini_apollo.jpg

Checkmark said...

Thanks Miles! Glad you like their interpretations. Maybe I should put mine next to theirs, that would be cool.

That mythological figure is interesting too, it is kinda like Phibi.